Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Yes I Am Still Alive

Hello - yes I know it's been an age but I do have a good excuse (called the school hols and small dd has been needing lots of fun and frolics leaving minimal me or writing time to be had).

So here's an update:
  • I submitted a manuscript first titled Here Comes Heaven but now with the brand new name HOT RESOLVE to Little Black Dress. Status - no word.
  • I submitted Daredevil Doctor to another nameless but genuine calibre publisher who are launching a new imprint. Status - no word. But should I not hear in a couple of months or receive a negative response I've identified another possible place for submission - huzzah!
  • I've been working away like a demented writing pygmy on Sipping Bliss. Quite happy with progress!
  • I've also been working away like a ferret in a frenzy on the manuscript previously titled Losing To Love Island. Now called Honeymoon Hussled. And I'm happy with progress.
  • I've been doing something even more exciting and life changing than any of the above which I won't post about but which is so far going well.
  • I've entered the RWA East Texas Chapter Southern Heat 2006 contest in two categories - the organiser is lovely and I'm glad I'm going for it. Results due December 06.
  • I'm scheduled to be going to the RNA Scottish Lunch next week - where lots of other far more exciting people than me will get together to celebrate major lifetime writing achievements of Lady Mary Stewart, Rosamunde Pilcher and Lucilla Andrews = I am very excited and pleased to be attending. Here's the info for anyone interested

The Romantic Novelists Association is holding a luncheon at the Scottish Parliament - courtesy of Robin Harper MSP - on Friday 18th August to honour the lifetime achievements of Mary Stewart, Rosamunde Pilcher and Lucilla Andrews. Lady Stewart is unable to leave Argyll but both Mrs Pilcher and Mrs Andrews will attend. It should be a great event.

Good eh? So that's what I've been doing.

What remains to be done is to decide which out of the two manuscripts currently underway I'm going to choose to send with my comps slip to HMB. Decisions...decisions...decisions! Wanna help me choose?

No comments: