I am not permitting myself any further time talking about my Surfman in a Wetsuit story until I have reached at least 8,000 words. Sadly my wee daughter has a bad cold and isn't well so I can't get any writing done until she's recovered. In the meantime:
Thirteen Things about JUDY
1. After a lengthy Pans People obsession, at primary school my friends and I used to volunteer to do a dance for the class every Friday (!) We did everything from The Nolan Sisters to imitating our version of the can can wearing silky shorts. Strange.
2. In my youth the thing I wanted more than ANYTHING in the world and never ever got – was a pair of skin tight satin disco pants (like Sandy in Grease). Gutted but maybe there’s still time?
3. At primary school I was heralded as something of a genius poet. Sadly reading the poems back – I realise this was largely a hyped achievement because of my youth i.e. the poems stink.
4. At age four I did a ballet routine to a crowded concert hall whilst picking my nose.
5. I met Canadian singer Bryan Adams and gave him an easter egg when I was sixteen. It was early in his career and he was very pleased at the adoration.
6. I played the part of JOSEPH in the school nativity when the real boy Joseph backed out, wearing my dad’s dressing gown and a t towel on my head. Oh and I had a big stick too.
7. I was in intensive care in Belgium, during a school history trip, when I was thirteen. I got to fly home FIRST CLASS.
8. I’m afraid of spiders and once murdered a large one with a mop in the dark.
9. The only things I’ve ever won was a revolting lump of wood necklace encrusted with gaudy mother of pearl at a jewellery party. We parted ways swiftly. And a certificate for making a batik bag at school (second prize)!?
10. When I was in primary school I had two small toys – a turtle and a wooden elephant – that used to go everywhere in my pocket and I talked to them at break time.
11. I once had a spooky encounter from the spirit world involving my pet cat doing strange things.
12. I once auditioned for and was rejected by the dating tv quiz show Blind Date (my two best buddies were rejected also so my ego didn’t crumble too badly!)
13. I used to be in love with Donny Osmond and even had socks with his face on (I was only very young at the time).