Monday, December 11, 2006

Hurrah!

I'm happy to report that today I got a request for a full ms on Sipping Bliss - my Mod X set in Edinburgh and the Scottish highlands - from a Mills and Boon senior Editor.

I have to admit I was totally unsure about whether or not they'd want it - while I know the characters are Mod X through and through I was worried about the setting and the fact that in the first few chapters I haven't followed my usual 'rules'.

So to get a request is a reaffirmation that character and voice and emotion are ultimately what counts. She said hopefully!

It would be fair to say I'm so excited I could crush a grape. I could also lose all power of speech and bodily functions but I'll try my best not to. Instead I will do my best to calm down and keep focus.

It's time to roll up the sleeves, re-read, polish, polish, polish and then send.
OOOOh gosh - this Christmas is going to be a mega one full of hopes and dreams and wishes!

Judex

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Use the holiay to polish your little heart out : )

Marcy Bassett-Kennedy said...

Wow! Major congrats Judy. Good luck on the polishing. Hope it turns into a sale for you.

Marcy

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks for the advice and wishes Bosey and Marcy.

Now the work begins. Don't you just love this writing game - you hear nothing for ages then everything happens at once! Rollercoaster city. But great too :)

jx