Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I SOLD!

No I'm not kidding.

There I was grumbling, being a moany pants...blah blah.

And I just got an email offering me a contract on DAREDEVIL DOCTOR - my Scottish Doctor with infertility, adoption and parachuting thrown into the mix!

Man I'm so excited. The publisher in question is one I had my eye on as all their books have character, fresh voice and loads of heart. I've loved their stuff so far.

More info/details once the contract comes through/once I know more...but for now all I can say is the publisher is called MOONLIT ROMANCE, my editor is lovely and I'm very thrilled!

Can't believe it! I'm so excited because I was even lying in bed last night telling myself that with Anya and Max I was really happy with the characters and the story. What joy that they can go into print. I'm so excited! Did I already say that? Well colour me happy I'm gobsmacked in a good way! :)

Jx

9 comments:

Phillipa said...

Hey Jude!

That is fantastic news.I have a Moonlit romance novella by Nell and Jess - I can't wait to read yours.
Congratulations.

Julie said...

Hooray!! That's brilliant news! I know you can't have champagne but Appletiser is very nice in fancy glasses!

Donna Alward said...

Congratulations Jude! How awesome! I've heard great things about them.

Donna

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks Pip (didn't imagine it would happen this quickly after saying I'd persevere). Thanks Julie (hoping Fecklet doesn't keep you waiting - just in time for Christmas fingers crossed) and thanks Donna (coo I just love your cover)!

Special thanks to Julie here - I think your RNA crit of my previous ModX helped me loads on honing in on that emotion. You really handed me the lightbulb and made me fix that 'eureka' lamp! LOL

Jude
ps Hmmm Appletiser in a flute - Jude smacks lips just thinking of it!!! Must make DH go and get some!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Judy! What a great early Christmas present!

Marcy

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks Marcy.
Today relatives arrive for pre-Xmas gift stash swapping - so it's busy, busy, busy.
jx

lins said...

Oh Jude,

They say good things happen to those who wait. But why is it the good people have to wait longer..

I am so happy for you. Sitting here with tears in my eyes.. And I'm a hard nosed whatsit as you know.

That's fantastic.. But more fantastic for the world out there, who can finally find out what we all know - YOU ARE A STAR..

So happy

Just don't get all billy bigtime on me now.... I know all your secrets remember!

xxxx

Julie said...

Wow, I'm really glad that crit helped you, but of course it's your own hard work and talent (and fun, fab writing style) that has led to your success!

Jessica Raymond said...

Judy, congratulations!!! I didn't know you had sold to Moonlit! How exciting, do you have a slot in the schedule yet?

Jess, Fellow Pregnant Writer :)
x