Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Boom ba da Boom!

Firstly - apologies that I seem to be perpetually obsessed with the state of being with baby. I'll try to make sure I make equal amounts of posts about writing and other lifely miscellania - however for now back to the babynews!

Went to the surgery for an antenatal check today. MAN MY BABY'S HEART IS LOUD!

  • We deafened two doctors in adjoining consultancy rooms!

  • Someone thought my belly had turned into a boom box...even the midwife said 'My that little one has a strong ticker!'

  • I have a suspicion that when it grows up it may either want to be a drummer in a band or a pneumatic drill operative!

We're nicknaming the child BRAVEHEART now. He or she is certainly that.

P.S. On the writing front - see, there is a writing point to this post - on Thursday BBC Radio Scotland starts it's own - write your own romance novel in a month initiative Write Here, Right Now. I figured since I've been procrastinating such a lot lately - and to save me blogging about more baby stuff - I should take the opportunity to join in and commit to 1000 words a day for Feb. I'm planning to finally nail a semi finished MnB Modern Extra Sensual I already have on the 'puter. Anyone care to join me?? Go on you know you want to... Make February fun... put some bichok in your valentines! More info here...

2 comments:

Jessica Raymond said...

Yay on the heartbeat! I got to hear Flump's at 16 weeks and it took them ages to find it. It was right at the bottom and sounded like Rolf Harris's wobble-board.

Jess x

P.S. We're off to Babies'R'Us tomorrow! I'm getting my wedge pillow and we're going to "browse" the sale :)

Natalie Anderson said...

I have a new password so i cam comment finally!
babys heartbeats r the coolest things - like a fast hoofbeat eh.
roll on the day s/he finally appears :)