Saturday, January 27, 2007

What I'm Doing


What am I up to? Hum!
Well - I'm proofing my manuscript of Taking The Leap as my editor (there I said it, I said my ed!) wants it next week in final state!
I've also been to a...wait for it...PRAM SHOP. We're talking Krypton Factor with a chassis - it's like car shopping, only more technical - aaargh. Needless to say there's now a v large pile of BROCHURES (ug) sitting in the corner looking ominous. I think I'll just go for colour choice - saves hassle.
And thirdly - I'm growing one of these (see picture inset). A large baby tum. Suddenly it's just 'big'. And I'm bumping it a lot by mistake cos I'm not used to it. I'm not complaining, I know it goes with the territory - and man oh man goodness knows I wished to be in this happy condition for long enough. I'm just finding the tummy protrusion hard to get my head around - maybe I need traffic signs?? Or a light on my naval that beeps and buzzes when I get too close to obstacles...yep, that could work...
I'll get my coat. jx

7 comments:

Jessica Raymond said...

LOL! One thing I keep doing is bumping my stomach on the trolley handle every time I take a step in Tesco!

Jess x

Julie Cohen said...

Yup. I kept on turning sideways to slip through things, forgetting that I was bigger that way than straight on!

And after birth, it all turns into a big saggy mess of extra skin.

Just so you know. ;-)

Phillipa said...

I am not preggers and have not recently been but I also have the tum...

Judy Jarvie said...

Jess, maybe we should write to Tesco to get them to invent Trolley Belly Sensors...what a boon!!

Julie - big gasp of doom on the saggy mess belly reveal! No more Cameron Diaz bikini shots in my holiday pics (...as if I ever posed for those!) Whereas you Julie definitely can still manage them - you're a babe and a half!

Pip - don't dare jest me! You're babe number two!

jx Ah well. I'll just have to live with the belly and eat CAKE.

Jessica Raymond said...

Or CHEESE. Or BANANA NESQUIK. (No, I haven't been stuffing my face with either of those...)

;)

Jess x

Phillipa said...

If it's any consolation, I lost lots of weight after I had my baby. All the lifting, pram pushing and feeding are a great work-out. Your boobs will never be the same, however.

Judy Jarvie said...

Pip
My boobs were never much cop in the first place! And know wot you mean about running about after babies - our adopted daughter arrived at two. I've never lost weight so fast in my life...running around like mayhem does waistline wonder. jx