Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ugh - Been Tagged!

The lovely, sultry and too witty to miss Amelia Elias tagged me! Ouch! Bullseye.

Eight random facts are required and eight victims for tagging. I could whine and moan and stamp my feet but where would be the point? So...

Here are the rules:1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.8 random facts/habits about me …

Here's my random facts -


  • I’ve been a best man at a wedding. Yes it’s true. It was a most nerve wracking experience never to be repeated. Though I did not lose the ring. Luckily I don’t think I’ll be asked again. And I didn’t have to snog the chief bridesmaid either. That would have been heinous (as gorgeous as she was on the day).

  • I’ve never been a bridesmaid (boo hoo). I hate to take things personally but how come I get to be ‘best man’ but don’t get to do the whole big skirted meringue ensemble affair?? Nor did I get to snog a best man or even an usher! Just not fair!!! Harumph!

  • I know all of the words to all the songs on Calamity Jane. Some might say sad…I say whip crack away and line me up a Sasperilly. I think part of the reason I love CJ is the fabby romantic elements of the story (or that’s the guise I’m hiding behind). Wild Bill Hicock a.k.a. Howard Keel in nubuck leather works for me whichever way I look at it. And I’m also a big closet Doris Day fan. In fact nothing makes me prouder than the fact my daughter is a bona fide Doris Day blonde. Yep Sir, I'll be putting her in candy pastel big skirts before she's six.

  • I used to have a corgi dog like the Queen’s. Hmmm. She was called Dusky and she was lovely – though she did bite me once but it was a mistake bite and we made up after ‘treatment’ and swabbing.

  • I’m allergic to Xmas trees. The needles bring me out in hives. Scratchy, scratchy hives. Tis true. Honest. So I make do with candles that smell of fir and spruce instead and just have an artificial tree (a very camp bronze one, in fact quite Elton John around the edges).

  • I’d like to swap hair with my best friend. Linda has long Titian locks – she claims to want a thick mop of raven hair like me, but I know ‘she know nathing’ and she just givva da yada yada. Red hair rocks! Italian men love it for one. Don’t listen to anyone who tells ya different.

  • I really fancy Donal MacIntyre the TV investigative Journalist. Happily he’s a blissfully married man as I am a contented happy wifelet. Coincidentally my lovely hubbie used to work in telly news in London and once saw Donal sporting a huge black eye from getting a pasting by a gang during an undercover job! Sigh – see he even boasts bad boy with a good heart credentials. Swoon. It’s good to have extra marital lustings though I’m told.

  • I’m an arachnaphobe. All spiders should die! And in my house – they frequently do. Perhaps this explains my lack of luck. And the big stains on my walls where I’ve clobbered them senseless with a mop.

    Here's my victims (ok - not eight but I'm cheating! Hehehe). Nat and LindaMadGunnersGal in particular (Linda just do it by email if ya please!) If you read this and you want to join in....do,do,do!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

No comments: