Friday, June 01, 2007

Blooming Lovely


Today two surprises arrived.

A generous and entirely unexpected certificate and cheque from Dr Hessayon for being shortlisted in the RNA Joan Hessayon New Writers' Award. And a lovely bouquet of long stemmed roses (bliss!)

Sometimes it's good not to be in hospital having your baby. Especially when it means you can get surprises on the doorstep like these. Huge thanks to the RNA and Dr Hessayon - both are amazingly generous and I can't thank them enough.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

I didn't know you had been short listed for the award! Congratulations! From Natalie's blog it sounds like you got some lovely comments on you book.

Marcy

Jessica Raymond said...

I agree totally. My roses are the same as yours -- aren't they gorgeous?

BTW have you seen the judges' comments? I have the email and can send it on to you if you don't.

Jess x

P.S. Midwife came round this morning -- Flump now 4/5 engaged, YAHOO!!

Judy Jarvie said...

4/5 engaged is good. I think we're level pegging (baby racers, vroom vroom!!!)

Listen Jess, I hope for your sake you go soon. This waiting is 'ick'. I've a feeling you won't be a waiter like me. Here's crossing fingers for us both.