Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Roll On Sunday

Well the outcome of today's visit is I'm booked into hospital to start the process of being induced on Sunday. Not what I wanted to hear but...hey a lady can only do so much on her ownsome.

The midwife attempted a procedure to help Baby Bertha along naturally but I'm not as ripe for spontaneous labour as she'd have liked so I don't hold any great hopes of it working. However - miracles do happen, and since our babe is a wee miracle, there's always hope.

Right now Sunday seems like a long way off. But...I'm taking solace from Julie Cohen whose little Fecklet hung on in there until the eleventh hour prior to admission to hospital.

I intend to spend the next few days firmly off line, with my head in a magazine, a book or a chocolate box. So no more blogger til after my hospital stay.

Hopefully next visit - I'll have a baby to show for all this waiting! Bring it on, right now all I want is a contraction (can you imagine I really said that?!?) jx

4 comments:

Jessica Raymond said...

Yes, I can imagine you said that!!!

I will be sending all contraction and labour vibes your way for Bertha to get a move on, natural-style. Staying offline is a good idea, though of course we will all be waiting and wondering! As far as I've heard, the key is just to relax. Get into a nice, floaty "I'm ready" state of mind and, fingers crossed, Bertha will hear you.

But whatever happens, GOOD LUCK. See you on the post-natal side, baby-mate!

Jess x

Nell Dixon said...

Hugs! Can't wait to see the pic of your precious babe. Hope everything goes well and you'll be holding that little one really soon.

Phillipa said...

Jude - clean/tidy the house (gently) to get you into a 'nesting' mood. That's what happened to me - a long shot but hey, Bertha will enjoy it!

Julie Cohen said...

Sleep if you can! It will be the last time for a long while...

You will totally welcome that first contraction when it comes. Ten (or twenty) hours later you might be sick of them, but there is no more welcome pain than that first one when you've been waiting.

In any case, Bertha will be here by Monday at latest. I'm thinking of you!