Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ack

I'm annoyed. Cos I want to write and crack on with Morven but I've no 'me' windows right now to do it. (I'm taking solace in reading Wish You Were Here - fab - between feeds and 'Mum - can I?' requests). It's playgroup this afternoon so hopefully I'll be less exhausted and maybe squeeeeeeeze in some writing tonight before last feed. The trials of mummyhood!

I've also noticed that I'm having to do more editing in this project. I'm putting it down to last year's lack of regular writing time (skills are rusty as a result). I'm tending to overwrite and so I'm going back to cut for pace. Strange. Just goes to show that regular bichoking is great at working out the writing muscles.

Baby has discovered sucking her hands. She loves to eat them whole with no side order and lots of relish. Even now the sound of lip smacking can be heard from her baby swing as she dreams into space.

I wish I had more time to write.

5 comments:

Marcy said...

I can commisserate. But I keep telling myself that in a few years I'll have all the time in the world to write when kids are in school and I'll be wishing that I had them home. I guess the grass is always greener...

Enjoy what writing time you do get and try to find some time to relax too.

Marcy

Judy Jarvie said...

Marcy you're right - it's just that squashed feeling of having no creative outlet! But totally - I must immerse in the baby days and enjoy now because they grow FAST! Esme is just the light of my life right now. I never realised babies just change so much from day to day - wonderful! jx
PS. I'm still crossing everything for your sub.

Jessica Raymond said...

Same boat, Judy... Same boat :) Even down to the "My hand, it tastes so good" stuff!

Frog is talking a lot more now. The most frequent sound is "Hoooow" and yesterday we even got a "Meh-meh-mooo".

Jess x

Judy Jarvie said...

Love the noises! Jess, I'm also guessing you'll be a busy CP soon. Bet you can't wait to read Nell's completed work. Can't wait 'til it's on the shelves myself.

Natalie Anderson said...

I wish I did too - its not easy is it?? And then, as Marcy points out, this tie will go so fast. But you know, just a little uninterrupted sleep time would do wonders wouldn't it?!