Saturday, October 20, 2007

To A Friend

We had to say goodbye to a beloved friend today. Tinker. She's been with us eight years and brought us a lot of happiness. Before adoption and a new baby we only had our cats and we've loved and spoiled them like the babies they were when we picked them up from a London cat welfare centre (as tiny balls of mewing fur).

But this morning, in common, with her brother who died two years ago, she suffered a cat stroke that paralysed both back legs. She was in lots of distress. We've seen and battled with this before with Tuppence who suffered two attacks so we knew the signs weren't good. Today we had to make a tough choice with Tinker.

She was more than a pet and a special cat. She was a loyal friend. Words can't describe how much I am missing her.
So to my own wee treasure Tinker, thank you and I love you dearly.


j

6 comments:

Natalie Anderson said...

((((Jude))))

I really feel for you hon - our furry friends are as much a part of our family as any blood rellie - such wonderful companionship :(

((((more hugs))))

love Nat

Jessica Raymond said...

((Judy)) Pets really are part of the family so I can imagine how sad you must be. Love and hugs.

Jess x

Phillipa said...

(((Jude))). I am sorry to hear about Tinker. I agree: pets become part of the family. Phillipa x

Lis said...

*hugs* So sorry to hear about Tinker. Its always so hard to lose a furball

Nell said...

I'm so sorry. Hugs.

Kate Hardy said...

So sorry to hear the news, Judy. Big hugs.