So what's it about? Well it's aimed at the sister publisher of the lovely company that released Taking The Leap and it's hopefully for an anthology. It's the story of Flick - desperate bridesmaid who's tripped down the aisle in a supporting role no less than ten times before. It's also the story of Rod - novice best man and fire truck driving hunk. The two of them spar from the off, but then in true romantic style - sometimes the people who get under our skin the most...are the ones we most want to have come out to play with us.
Anyway it's been a hoot writing it and I'm crossing my fingers that it'll hit the marker. P.S. A big thank you to a special person called J for helping poke me into action with the first chapters.
The lovely Jess tagged me - ouch. Read below for more info:
Here's my TAG requirements below (only I'm cheating on the last one and not tagging six others because I'm a Billy No Mates ggg and will suffice with - if you read this and want to do it I'll send you a treat if you do it and tell me about it, and that's a promise):
Link to the person that tagged you
Post the rules on your blog
Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
- I regularly eat cheese (cheddar) and jam (strawberry) on a sandwich. It's yummy - though my husband shudders (just as I do at his marmite habit).
- I'm a bath-a-holic since getting pregnant. The baby LOVED her bathing bliss time. And I just crave having a nice fragrant soak - it also helps me unwind character and plot knots (Marcy can attest to this one oh yeah).
- I've turned into a smells nut - have to use the same essential oils soap, my fave bubble bath and my fave Yankee Candle *Willow Breeze* to unwind in the evenings...I'm turning into a very rigid creature of habit (which scares me!)
- When I was 16 I used to model my hair (for hair mag photos) Cringe, I know. But I have very strong thick dark hair that gel can scuplt like araldite.
- I have a thing for dark pink roses - love 'em to bits. And at the garden centre you'll usually find me among the David Austin roses umming and ahhing. Dead heading my garden is a nightmare though. I like to think of my roses as 'a confection of pinks'.
- Some places that stir my wee beating heart are - Provence, South of France and Glencoe in the Scottish Highlands. I also long to visit Vienna (so that I can listen to Ultravox on headphones, have whipped cream hot choc and take in the ambience!)