Saturday, March 01, 2008

Ebay

I've just sold several baby items on the wonderous thing that is Ebay. A breastpump, a baby bather and a bumbo! Aliteration all the way.

I always punch the air in excitement when I get an email informing me I've sold - is this the rush that gamblers get when they win on a slot machine? And am I subconsciously seeking affirmation/cheap thrills by selling my old wot nots?

The point of this post is threefold -
1 - Babies go through things way too fast
2 - I have a hunch that there are a lot of postmen who secretly curse the burden of Ebay (one of them is currently lugging my baby's Ex Bumbo).
3 - Do I need to get out more and stop surfing the web?

Don't answer the last one.
Thank you.

5 comments:

Marcy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcy said...

I LOVE selling on eBay too! What a rush!!!

Phillipa said...

An EBay addicted mum sounds like a great idea for a hen lit novel...

Nell said...

I 'heart' ebay. I get most of my Christmas stuff on there.

Judy Jarvie said...

Girlz - Ebay is the upclass jumble sale of my dreams. I dig it - but I also have a 'gambler style' fear of it.

I'm worried I'm getting 'confirm to buy' click hooked.

You know you have a problem when you've bought every keyring of all the men you fancy - Gerry Butler, Clive Owen, George Clooney...need I go on.

Is it rehab time?

jx