Saturday, May 03, 2008

Don't faint - I'm back!

Soz it's been a long break, but I'm finally back.

Reasons for long absence include window fitters and carpentry stuff everywhere plus a looming deadline on my non-fiction book/guidebook. Good news is that both the windows and the book are finished. Oh I do love completion.

I'm still tinkering with the dark paranormal but will hope to sub it soon.

And then there's a new novel lurking - with bobbing characters already shoving their noses into my brain. I'm hoping to get teeth into that soon. I'm already burning 'ambient' Yankee candles to inspire me (it's a winter theme book about a coffee cafe girl so there's yummy scents in my burners to evoke the mood!)

Quick update on baby while I'm at it: standing a lot (then crying when she forgets how to sit back down); finally proper crawling instead of belly sliding everywhere; got her first pair of proper shoes this week (even got her photo taken in shop); also pursing lips in a very funny Les Dawson type manner when being fed (plays havoc with getting food between lips) and now engaging in lots of clapping and sitting doing boogie boogie on the carpet or having long rambling conversations that make absolutely no sense at all a la The Fast Show. It's all quite baffling.

But it's just LOVELY to witness too!

Anyway enuf of my nonsense - how are you?

4 comments:

Phillipa said...

Welcome back to the Unreal world, Jude.

Marcy said...

Glad to have you back!

Exciting stuff going on in your life!

Jessica Raymond said...

Glad to hear everything is going well on all fronts! Can we PLEASE see a pic of Esme's Les Dawson face??

Jessica Raymond said...

PS. I just tagged you for a book thingy. Soz!