Monday, August 18, 2008

Something New...


Okay here's what happening -


  • Winter book is at mid point and still going okay though I've had an enforced break last week because of baby teething/sleepless nights and daughter's birthday/going to school preps!

  • I have a NEW book in my head. And guess...this one is for a publisher I haven't really ever targetted properly before (I did once send them a mss that had been rejected my another publisher). Anyway - I wrote down the start of the first chapter and it's gotten me really excited!!! I am mega keen to get writing on it. And I did a bit of major realisation lately - the reason I've been holding back from subbing to them is 'lack of confidence'. Don't cringe but I read something in my stars in a mag at the hairdressers that said just that - wake up to what you really want, admit it and just go out and do it. You've hidden it long enough it's time to go and make it yours!!!!!!!! Spooky huh! And actually...I can't wait to try subbing it. I'm feeling like it's time for a complete change! Way-hay!

4 comments:

Marcy said...

I'm curious. Who is this publisher, and what is the story???

Jessica said...

Hooray for Judy! You go girl, etc. You should definitely just go for it -- life is definitely what you make it :)

Phillipa said...

Way to go Judy" btw have you seen the Modern Heat contest for a first chapter? Link on Liz Fielding's blog?

P x

Nell said...

Sub! The owrst that can happen is they say no and then you keep sending it out till somebody somewhere buys it. Go for it - you can do it!