Friday, December 05, 2008

Itchy Fingers

Early in 2009 I will be celebrating a 'significant' birthday. Sigh.

My lovely hubbie has bought me my pressie early - because the bad thing about an early Jan birthday is that the shops are always full of 'sales tat' when I go to spend birthday dosh.

Value for money is all well and good, but crap choices from returned Xmas stock isn't quite as exciting as pre-Christmas spangles.

So colour me happy. I have a lovely new laptop (upstairs in its box, tucked away from view). I like it very very much. Can't wait to write on it. It gives me a lovely warm glow just thinking about it with anticipation. My hubbie is a gem cos I always promised I would not buy a laptop til I sold a book. But I figure having your beloved buy it is just as zazzy.

Joy, joy, joy! Almost worth celebrating a mature birthday for. Almost.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Yippee! A laptop! Hope you'll have many years of happiness together.

So...how many candles this year???

Judy Jarvie said...

Ack, don't want to say it aloud. Has a four at the beginning. I am very sad about leaving the threes behind. But hey, you're only as old as you feel right? j