Sunday, January 27, 2008
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Monday, January 14, 2008
Oh and I'm working on a Bridal theme novella - it's 5000 words in and I'm having a blast. Because it's a bit mad around the edges. Must get back to Grant and Neesha on the WIP tomorrow though. The novella is light entertainment in between.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Saturday, January 12, 2008
There's a big loch there and the ice was totally frozen over apart from one small area where the ducks were chilling themselves silly. Scary small boys were throwing ice chunks right across the stretch of ice competing to see whose went the furthest. One - can you believe this - asked if I'd let my daughter go on the ice because he bet she'd get to the other side... Daughter's face lit up - she'd never encountered an icy lake before.
Here's my answer - NO! Step back. Keep away from it and don't even think about getting any more adventurous with your IceCapades than throwing things from a very safe distance! They dispersed soon after. But at least I knew it wasn't going to spiral further.
We got nice pics.
Funnily enough my Aunt in Canada lives right by a lake - she told me this week she watched a whole family walk from one side of her lake to the other.
Icy lakes are beautiful - just not very safe.
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
- Lovely cards from the girls - aah
- Nice pressies - Ortak amber necklace and new glasses from hubbie (cue woo-ooooo noise). The necklace is v tasteful and gorgeous and the glasses much needed! And scrummy Arran Aromatics perfume from dearest parents. Nice!
- Finished my contest entry for the I Heart Presents Instant Seduction Comp - you gotta be in it to win it (as they say)
- Re-reading some much loved books Fiona Harper actually and a new fabby Modern Heat by Susan Stephens (i love this lady's writing!)
- Got loads and loads of quality chocs - guess what I'm doing lately.
Oh and we have gales up here in the frozen north. Bad ones - nearly lost the buggy to a tornado this morning so won't be going out with baby without car in gales again. Hopefully by the morning we will still have a roof *we are the highest point for miles and can even see Edinburgh castle right over the River Forth from the end of the road in our village*. Scary winds are brewing.