Monday, July 13, 2009

Back And Going Again...

The RNA Conference (my second time) was just as good as my first. Big smile.

Inspiring, motivational, more lightbulbs than the world cup. Lovely new friends to meet. It's not just the wonderful speakers and seminars, it's that rare chance to share writerly chat, meet lovely people who share the same ups and downs and CROWS as you do. Plus that rare priviledge of milling among esteemed authors from your keeper shelf.

Encouragement in abudance prevailed and that is a very wonderful thing. You really cannot put a price on it. I have a rather large pile of signed books now teetering on the shelf that will not hold anymore books!

The editor chat gave really valid pointers on how to take this next WIP story forward. Made me realise just how amazing those editors really are. All editors want is to help you make a story the best it can possibly be. And that in itself is an amazing thing.

Thank you RNA. You are all magic! Truly.

Now I must go pack again for holiday by the seaside. The bucket and spade awaits!

10 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Hugs, it was so lovely to see you and thank you for the ride to the station!

Jackie Ashenden said...

Great to hear it went well, Judy! Enjoy your holiday... *sighs wistfully at the thought of sun and sand*...

Susan Rix said...

Judy, it was fab to meet you! Enjoy your holiday - I'm very jealous!
Lots of love, Sue xx

ninaharrington said...

It was wonderful to meet you in person after chatting in the virtual world - I hope that you have a lovely, lovely holiday. Nina.

Marcy said...

Have a great holiday, Jude. You deserve it!

Lacey Devlin said...

Wow! I'm living vicariously through you and loving every minute of it. Now maybe if I stare at my bookshelf hard enough a pile of signed books will appear there...

Lorraine said...

It was lovely to meet you as well Judy (and Nell and Nina too!).
Have a lovely holiday away, may there be no noisy bathroom fans where you're going :-)

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks guys-group hug. You're the best!

Suzanne said...

Always great to meet up with other writers. Wish I'd been able to go.

Have a great holiday, Judy.

Hugs.

XX

Joanne Cleary said...

I wish I could have gone too Suzanne! Glad you had a wonderful time Jude, hope you have a great holiday :-)