Thursday, July 09, 2009

Penrith Ahoy!

Off to Penrith in the morning and can't wait. I'm even painting my toenails (now there's a thing that doesn't happen often around these parts). Not sure why, I guess painted toenails feels like a splash of glamour in my otherwise Slummy Mummy life! Usually I'm lucky if my t-shirt isn't on inside out (yes I have been known to have the tag showing on the outside).

And as everyone else at conference will be wearing fabulous shoes and I don't have any, it seemed like a suitable token gesture. The toes are now good to go!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

You're lovely - fabulous shoes or not.

Actually, I've a shoe related worry of my own. I've booked a place at a workshop (Ed Book Fest) and it's being run by Nicola Morgan who's famed for her fabulous shoes - do you think it would be inappropriate to wear my 12-year-old walking boots?

Hope you and your toes have a great time in Penrith.

:-)

Jackie Ashenden said...

Lucky you, Judy!! Have a wonderful time and good luck with the pitch. I'm sooo jealous! :-)

Lacey Devlin said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I've been known to wear my shirt back to front for an entire day. The tag drove me nuts and I still didn't figure it out. That's my benchmark for needing more sleep :)

Marcy said...

Have a great time at the conference, Jude! And I'll keep my fingers crossed for your editor chat!!!