Friday, August 21, 2009

Aviator Fever!


I'm turning into a Plane Spotter.

Because of our proximity to Edinburgh and the Military Tattoo being on right now (see previous posts) we are regularly in the flight path for the jets speeding to fly past duty.

It's hard to ignore them. Put it this way, noisy is an understatement and I get very excited watching the clock for their arrival. Almost as exciting as watching Top Gun at the age I was when I first saw it! Yes, I did sport a curly Kelly McGillis perm but let's not dwell there.

Anyway. Here's an interesting article that reveals I'm not alone in following the planes. It's been causing emergency alert calls.

3 comments:

Suzanne Jones said...

Thanks for the link - I hadn't seen that story. Think I would have been one of the spooked contacting the authorities if I'd seen those planes.

:-0

Marcy said...

Wonder if there are any Tom Crusie look-alikes in those planes? Wouldn't that add nicely to the obsession?

Lacey Devlin said...

Well hellllooo Mister! Love that picture!