"Hi. I'm Judy. And I'm a Barbieholic."
If you needed final proof I've gone a bit bonkers (blame the Evading Submission Thoughts Angst) here it is. I'm addicted to Barbie Movies. It's true.
I love the music, the simple tales of good against the odds, the animation, the preponderance of PINK, the animated heroes are pretty scrummy (even if some of them wear tights)...Yep. I'm falling for animated heroes now too...sigh! Barbie's boyfriends are pretty hot.
Since my wee girls discovered the amazing world of BarbZilla I've been as hooked as they have. But it's only lately I've begun to consider the similarities to the romance books I love. Quite a few are stacking up. Consider if you will...
- The magical worlds that beckon you to step inside.
- A heroine you want to be and take into your heart, one who visits fantasy lands in magical shoes. Yum.
- The heroine always bumps into her fantasy hunky fella and he always turns into a knight in shining armour and saves the day.
- Familiar themes...cinderella fairy tales, magical princess stories, rags to riches, identity swaps, tropical island adventures...
- I even love the music (confess to owning the Barbie Movies CD, we play it in the car). And it's a bit like the kind of love I have for the romance book covers. I love these worlds so much I manage to get a kick out of the added extras!
See I'm hooked. I'm a fan. And now I'm saying it loud and proud. Love romance...try Barbie movies for size! You might just find yourself filling up some shelves... And if nothing else they're great for 'easy story craft' viewing. Suck it and see!
Judy shakes her head at herself. I'm sure I'll regret this confession later. Alvin and The Chipmunks, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Now the whole truth is out! Big kid alert.