Wednesday, September 23, 2009

How To Lose Your Mind In Ten Days...


Okay. So my prediction was pants.

And I've not heard about my sub (in common with a lotta lotta gals on subcare). I keep chanting 'no news is good news' but frankly it's not wuuurking!

I'm almost being driven demented. Which brings me to another confession.

I've been fiddling on the computer and am sorely tempted to mock up my own cover for Crazy Nanny just to fill the time/avoid the writing quagmire that is my current WIP! A bit like that wonderful scene in How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days when Andie mocks up 'Our Family Album' in photoshop to present to Benny-Boy in the hope of driving him screaming for the hills. The one with kids with strange cloned faces and lederhosen...ah love it!

Do you think mocking up a photoshop cover of Crazy Nanny will make the editors hear my mental mantra to read it?

What mad lengths do I have to go to here....

9 comments:

Kate said...

Well it would be a great post to read! Good luck with everything - I know waiting is horrible but will keep fingers crossed for you

Kate x

Joanne Cleary said...

I love that film! As someone who has never faced such a wait yet, I'm not qualified to give any advice. But I will anyway!!

If making a photoshop cover of your book gives you a few hours where you don't think about who might be reading your ms this very second, then it's worth it.

Your very own NTAI tool :-)

Lorraine said...

I think it would be fun. Go for it :-)

Keeping everything crossed for you Judy.

Sri Pammi said...

Good luck with the cover making, Judy. You should go for it.
I think I might do that once I get the dreaded R and make a personal copy for my own with a cover and everything.

Sri.

Marcy said...

I sometimes make a cover as a form of inspiration. If I can picture what it would look like on the shelf, it makes it more real for me.

I say, go for it!

Jackie Ashenden said...

Yep, I'm seconding everyone - go for it! Would love to see it. In fact, you're giving me ideas for one of my own. :-)

Lacey Devlin said...

No news isn't just good news! It's FABULOUS news! Imagine that ms working it's way up through the ranks, wowing editors as it goes :D

Suzanne Jones said...

I agreed with your prediction, so my Welsh Wich vibes are obviously a bit off at the moment. Best thing is a bit of NTAI, as Joanne said.

Sending oodles of positive thoughts.

XX

Suzanne Jones said...

Ooops, the Witch can't spell...

XX