Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rejection & Keeping The Faith

I got (drum roll please) a form R on my partial today of Crazy Nanny.

But ya know...I'm okay. I'm actually full of fighting spirit because...for me 2009 has been a wonderful year. The very best in fact.

Here's the reasons:
I wrote a book I love, I went to the conference and met so many amazing writers/friends, and best of all I've been lucky enough to be mentored for a whole amazing year by the most wonderful writing mentor in the world (Michelle Styles, who I can never thank enough). So all in all I've kinda woken up to 'feeling happy with my voice'. Feeling like I've found who I am. Surely that is a great thing. In fact I even had an agent interested in my work so that's another first!

And now an R. A form one on a partial. After many (blissfully naive) years of getting full requests and feedback and comps slips....

In this old gnarly game of writing it's just the way it can be. Ups down. Highs, setbacks.

I can't be mad or even sad. Because now I know I've learned loads of craft and I'm comfy in the saddle with how I write. All to the good in my view.

In summary I know this book has a home. And I've had Michelle rooting me on to believe it's true...so. Watch this space.

Not a chocolate binge in sight. Though I may have a small treat later for being so brave ggg!

My writing light sabre is still shining ladies. If you gotta write, you just gotta write! And now the Crazy Nanny and I are going to take an adventure somewhere new!

8 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

Hugs to you, Judy! A form R sucks big time. But your attitude is fantastic. Get Crazy Nanny out there huh?

Suzanne Jones said...

Hugs, Judy.

Your book is BRILLIANT so don't give up - as you rightly say, it will find a home.

XX

Phillipa said...

((Hugs)) Jusy. I love your writing voice - have you thought it might suit a different home? You have such spark and humour and spirit. It would be a shame to tame that.

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks Suzanne, Jackie and Pip.
It's okay. I think everyone knows in themselves when enough is enough. Kinda looking forward to a new challenge. jx

Marcy said...

Ahh, Jude, super big hugs coming your way. I'm so sorry to hear that. But I know that you'll get there. You're too good not to. Hang in there. I can't wait to hear what comes next from you.

Hugs, Marcy

Caroline Storer said...

((((HUGS)))) Judy on the "R". As you know I'm a fellow recipient this week of a form "R" - so I can commiserate. You seem to be bouncing back - and how cool to have Michelle Styles as a mentor! WOW! Take care. Caroline x

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks Marcy and Caroline!
Ah it's fine. Stings for a bit and then you just get stubborn.

Lacey Devlin said...

That's the way Judy! Positive, positive, positive thinking :D I envy your year it does sound fabulous!