Monday, November 02, 2009

Life After The R Word

I've had some lovely squeezy hugs from lovely writer chums since the dreaded R. The R has got me thinking too. Thinking a little deeper about the particular requirements of the line...which I'll admit here, perhaps I pushed?? I do have a habit for sailing on in an 'I love it so everyone surely must' fashion. Perhaps this is a future wake up call to really think things through. Perhaps I pushed because I wanted it to fit. But did it really? Anyway 'if ifs and ands were pots and pans etc'.

So...the best cure? Writing again. And since it's Nanowrimo month I'm figuring a 1000 word count for November will blitz away the blues as good as any. Luckily I have a project at the 2.5k mark just waiting to be bickhoked! Happy writing Nano people. Let's make November busy!

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

Pushing to make it fit? Sigh, so true for some of my set aside stuff and a real danger I think, especially with changing guidelines.

But even if it doesn't fit it doesn't mean it wasn't a stonking story and won't be appreciated elsewhere.
I'm all for throwing yourself back in with a vengeance, I did that after my form R last year.

Good luck with that word-count.

Jackie Ashenden said...

It's a tough one, eh Judy? Maybe the only way to know is to change focus and see what happens.

Great going with the writing though! It's the only way to handle it.

Caroline Storer said...

Good for you in kicking that "R" to touch. You're braver than me, I can't quite face NaNo - maybe next year (cowardly custard!) Take care. Caroline x

Suzanne Jones said...

And happy writing to you, too, Judy.
XX

Julie Cohen said...

Sorry about the R. Your attitude is inspiring though and I know you will get there, wherever "there" turns out to be!

Natalie Anderson said...

Hug hugs Jude - so sorry to hear about this but yay you on your fantastic attitude - keep on writing. You are so talented you really are and its just a matter of getting the right ed and the right house aligned. Truly.

I lurk all the time but so crap at commenting - have not got internet at home at the moment but as soon as i do will be emailing.

love Nat

Lacey Devlin said...

Even Nora Roberts had to learn to write to fit the line (or so she says ;) ). If only there was a cheat sheet...

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks guys you are all the best. And shucks on the nice comments. But ya know...it's okay. All you can do is your best and if it doesn't work out there's no point crying. Just get on and write some more! Tenacity is becoming my middle name lol jx