Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Mouth Is Alive...

Actually that's a lie. It's my fingers that are alive!
Nothing like NaNo to get you writing feverishly and even if it's bad, does it matter? No, heck you can fix it later. It feels good to be flying fast and free.

The Mouth is Alive title is a result of Duran Duran Hungry Like The Wolf overdose. My hubbie's family brought him a huge bag of old stuff from his 'childhood home'. And guess what we found...Rio by the DD boys. So it slipped on the CD player as you can imagine.

And can I stop playing it? No. Good old Simon Le Bon. A rejection easer if there ever was one.

7 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

Classic, classic album. Good choice!

Caroline Storer said...

Loved Rio and Hungry Like the Wolf by DD - like you I played it over and over until it wire out as I recall! If it works for you for NaNo then so what - go for it! Do you remember ABC's "Lexicon of Love"? That was another album that never left the turntable! Take care. Caroline. p.s thanks for the email - I'll print it off at work tomorrow and read all your wise words of wisdom.

Judy Jarvie said...

Yes gals, DD are pretty fab. 80s obsessed and proud.

ABC. Yes. In the collection. Vury good. Did I mention I'm going to see Depeche Mode in concert in December? Ah the synths...the leather...the teen years crush!!!

Caroline. Not wise, phhht, what do I know? I'm just the rejection queen with a tiara to prove it! Maybe I should put some more 80s favourites on the blog this week.

Lacey Devlin said...

I love that your NaNo can be dreadful, in fact Chris Baty seems to encourage it ;) Got to love those insane updates of his!

Suzanne Jones said...

Ah, bless lovely Duran Duran.

Ooooh, jealous re. Depeche Mode - where are you seeing them?

XX

Alice Anderson said...

My hat's off to everyone doing Nano. I wish I had the time this month but the rest of my year is so crammed... the "structure" of it would just undermine any attempts to write. But I'm cheering from the sidelines

Judy Jarvie said...

Hi ladies. Depeche Mode is in December and I am staying over in Glasgow in a posh hotel (ooooh!)

Yes NaNo is definitely great for making you throw away the worries and doubts and just write anything. Quite liberating really. Here's hoping your crammed year allows some 'you time' Alice. Yep I've cheered on the sidelines for several years myself. But I think the R motivated me to just go for it because the dates alligned.