Monday, December 14, 2009

Baubles In Motion

The toddler is going crazy for the Christmas tree. Not just regular crazy - OCCTD. Obsessive Compulsive Christmas Tree Devious.

She has worked out (she's clever that way) how to turn on the flashing baubles herself (yes we have two flashing baubles!) Everytime I switch one off, moments later it's back on. I swear if she could whistle innocently she would.

In addition she keeps moving all the baubles. Constantly. And stuffing them into bizarre places...I swear I'm going to wake up next to a bauble on the pillow soon. It's spooky.

My tree goes through fifty different Xmas Gok Wan looks in a day. From top heavy to bottom bedecked...sigh.

It's her Christmas party at toddler group tomorrow. Expect even more nonsense to follow. And the big one's school party is also on.

So it'll be sequin dresses overload. Oh the joys of Xmas Kid Mania.

P.S. I won a book from Harlequin - Mira's RNA Anthology of short stories, Loves Me, Loves Me Not! Fabulous. I'm already stalking the postman! But he's nice so that's okay.

7 comments:

Suzanne Jones said...

Aw, hope your wee ones enjoy their parties.

XX

Lacey Devlin said...

Congrats on the book win! Don't you love that? Your Christmas tree decorating elves sound dangerous:D

Jackie Ashenden said...

Xmas with little ones is fun eh? Love the new tagline btw.:-)

Lorraine said...

Enjoy yourself Judy. Love the Gok Wan looks line BTW :-)

Caroline Storer said...

Your blog is so funny. Thanks for cheering me up when I'm lying here in bed today with a cough and a stinking cold! Your wee one sounds adorable! Have fun reading the book - I've got it on my Christmas list! Take care. Caroline x

Judy Jarvie said...

Get well soon Caroline!
Yes the elves are dangerous Lacey. Thank goodness the baubles work on batteries.
Santa gave her a toy microphone at Xmas party - watch out X Factor! But at least the baubles are neglected now! Yday we had a major meltdown tantrum about wanting to take a picnic hamper bigger than her (go figure?) on the school run?!? Terribles twos is such fun.

Joanne Cleary said...

I think my tree is safe for this year. Hope the parties go well. I have sent one off today in her party dress looking all pretty. Wonder what she'll look like at the end of the day?!