Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Present - A Review!

A surprise review popped in my inbox today. Here. Thanks Romance Studio (5 stars yowzer!)

Actually even though the book is no longer in print and it seems like a long time ago I subbed for a review - I'm very grateful because I needed this validation/reminder that sometimes I can write okay.

I love every minute of my writing life. It keeps me sane. But we all reach rough spots where we think...can I keep trying and failing? Can I keep putting the effort in and subbing and getting knock backs? Maybe I'm kidding myself?

And after this review...the answer to the above is yes I can keep at it. It's given me a boost at a much needed time. I'll keep trying as long as the stories call to me and I'm getting better. As long as I'm feeling the love. And I still do. Nobody said the road would be easy...

So thanks for a surprise Christmas Present Review. Thanks for the vote I didn't expect.

And now...back to the important stuff. A very Merry Christmas to you all! Every good wish is sent your way!

9 comments:

Susan Rix said...

Judy, congrats on the lovely review!!

Please don't ever think of giving up. I understand what a hard slog it is because my current manuscript is still living in a drought (and has been since Penrith).

Here's to a successful 2010, and lots of love & best wishes from Gray and I to you and your family - Have a FAB Christmas!

~ Sue ~ xx

Lorraine said...

What a great review Judy. Here's to many more...

Jackie Ashenden said...

Fabulous review, Judy! So nice to get that valedation eh? Here's to a wonderful Christmas for you and lots of good stuff for the New Year.

Marcy said...

Wowee! Great review. Congrats Jude and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Joanne Cleary said...

Yay on great review, Judy. And, as Lorraine said, lots more to come :-)

ninaharrington said...

I love that review! Many congrats and I know that 2010 is going to be YOUR year. Jazzed. LOL Nina x

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks Sue, Lorraine, Jackie, Marcy, Jo, Nina! Have a wonderful Christmas.
And in 2010 let's write up a storm and knock their sox off! Enjoy those mince pies. (Trying not to be jealous of Jackie on beach). jx

Suzanne Jones said...

Yay - well-deserved, Judy.

XX

Caroline Storer said...

Yay on the great review Judy. Excellent! Take care. Caroline x