Wednesday, December 09, 2009

The Kid Loves Gym...

My toddler loves gymnastics class
It sends her into orbit
A forward roll, a swing on bars
She mimicks Olga Corbett
As mother gasps behind her
Like a steam train belching puff
The small one dismounts like a pro
Her chaperone is duff
I wish I were a yummy mum
With graceful limbs and ease
Instead I lumber after her
Then end up with bumped knees
And as she springs gazelle like
With speed like skis on snow
I forget my lack of prowess
And just holler 'Go Kid Go!'

P.S. Yes. I always wanted to be Pam Ayres (seventies UK diva of ditties that rhymed!)

2 comments:

Caroline Storer said...

Excellent! Never could to rhymes so dead jealous! Take care. Caroline x

ps. You're a poet and I didn't even know it! See told ya I was cr*p! LOL.

Suzanne Jones said...

Aw, great stuff, Judy.

Love Pam Ayres - haven't seen her on tv for years, though. What happened to her?