Tuesday, December 29, 2009

OCD Preps For Hogmanay

Hope your Christmas was hearty and happy!

Mine was nice with lots of laughter. Namely at doing MC Hammer contests on the Wii and watching toddler girl disguised as Elton John playing new pink keyboard. Who needs TV soaps for entertainment when you have crazy children who like to perform?

Anyway since Christmas I've been having an 'organising' fest. Not good.

Cupboards got cleaned without meaning to. My computer housekeeping and backup suddenly became a priority when my brother ordained it would be so on Boxing Day (!!) Bless him, he gave me a wireless router (what a sweetie) and insisted I housekeep all my I.T. while he gave everything a thorough service! Sigh. But it's done and my system is now zippety zip fast.

Even the fishtank got a pro clean (without intending to) because of the algae decending back on the tank as uninvited Xmas guests. We think we've finally sorted out the problem (fingers crossed!)

So. I've cleared. Tidied. Organised. OCD in action as displacement activity supreme. I've even made a resolution to resist the urge to blog-time-waste quite so much in 2010!

As my Scottish Granny would say - I'm set for Hogmanay!

Now all I have to do is figure out my writing goals...and stop angsting about the lack of submission news.

2010 is going to be about waiting to see what happens next with the sub. With a plan B short story contest entry in reserve. Then finally getting to the bottom of that bad boy in the highlands that I've been toying with in a commitment phobic manner.

What about you?

6 comments:

Joanne Cleary said...

I'd love to say I got organised ... but no. I've been a bit of a lazy moo this last week. I've been properly relaxing :-)

Today, I need to clean and reorganise two bedrooms to cope with new toys. Tomorrow, I'll sort out some other rooms. I'll be tidy for New Year if it kills me. And looking at the state of this house, it just might!!

Suzanne Jones said...

Oh well done you. I started tidying up before Christmas, but only managed to make a worse mess. Not having been born a Scot, though, I've decided I can get away with an untidy house for Hogmanay. (Do you think?)

XX

Lorraine said...

Eek! You've just reminded me I haven't sent my Highlander neighbour her New Year card (she's a presbyterian and won't do Christmas cards). I must be the very antithesis of OCD at the moment, I just want to stay in bed and eat Christmas chocolates!

Fingers crossed for your sub :-)

Caroline Storer said...

Hi Judy. Glad you had a good Christmas. Children make it don't they?

Me and the DH have been affected by the Norwalk virus - let's just say Andrex sales have gone up exponentially this past week! I'm on the mend - DH is still affected!

I'm hoping he's better by New Year's Eve - we are going out for a curry (kill or cure people, kill or cure...)

Take care. Caroline x

Judy Jarvie said...

Suzanne. I'm usually a grand dame of untidy so this efficiency is perplexing me more than a bit. Revel in your relaxed state!

Jo, I can totally relate re bedrooms and toys. How can two small girls acquire so much and why do Mcdonalds freebie toys hold such import that they cannot be parted with?!? Secret black bin bag raids required.

Ah Lorraine. Xmas choc in bed. Now y're talking my lingo! Enjoy, any of them swiss by any chance?

Hugs Caroline! Get well soon.

Jackie Ashenden said...

You put me to shame, Judy. I've done sod all in the way of tidying and organising. Too busy writing manically! I don't know if that's a good thing... :-)

Have a wonderful New Year.