Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Only Way is Up!


Do you remember that dancefloor filler from the 80s by Yazz? I'm thinking it could be my new motto. The end of 2009 delivered another rejection badge to add to my writing blazer. But don't gasp, it's okay. Crazy Nanny will ride again - in fact she came back with a set of pretty good accomplishments so that Nanny done good.

It was a nice rejection. The publisher in question is a lovely one I'd have loved to work with. They praised my writing, my book and my hero. The word irresistible was used (always good ggg!) So colour me happy. They also gave me specific advice why they won't take it further - advice I can use to improve and take it on elsewhere. To widen the scope. My writing mentor last year told me this is one of the benefits of getting it out there - feedback to help you improve it and find it a home. Thanks to wonderful writing friends for telling me my next steps so much better than I could see them!

Okay I'm admittedly R punched.
But Gloria Gaynor springs to mind. And Yazz.
It's going to be alright. And in 2010 I now know what I need to do! Already I'm scribbling. Happy Hogmanay and Auld Lang Syne to you all. jx

6 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

Nuts to the R! I remember Yazz (sadly). But may I also suggest Chumbawumba?

I get knocked down, but I get up again...

Don't let them grind you down, Judy! You'll find a place for Crazy Nanny. Here's looking forward to 2010!

ninaharrington said...

Boo Hiss to rejections.
Big hugs and congrats on the positive comments.
Your 2010 is going to rock!
All the best for a great Hogmanay, Nina

Michelle Styles said...

Boo hiss to Rejections but at least you know what you need to do!

Caroline Storer said...

Baa Humbug to R's. I have to say you handle them better than I do! So good for you!

Hope you have a great New Year - I'm winging over a bottle of cyber champagne for you to drink a toast to it!

Take care. Caroline

Marcy said...

Ahh, sorry Jude. Big hugs sailing your way. But love your attitude. You can do this!!!! 2010 will be your year. I can feel it!

Suzanne Jones said...

Hugs, Judy.

But you have a brilliant attitude and you will get there.

XX