Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Personal Revelation

I realised something yesterday with a thunk-a-dunk clang.


If in my writer's fantasy world I had to pick a man (other than darling hubby of course) to cross a room and take my hand to dance...I know who it would be. Truly. It's firmly rooted in my childhood fantasies.


I've tinkered with Patrick Dempsey (not literally though I'm sure I'd like to).
I jiggle at the thought of Gerry Butler (who wouldn't?)
Then there's George (Clooney naturally), Richard Armitage (how could I not?), Hugh Jackman (well it would be just wrong not to)...but still the fantasy didn't quite fit the bill.
So I went further back in my child-of-the-70s brain and considered Steve Austin the Bionic Man. And even got as desperate as remember my burning longing for Donny Osmond. But no.


Personal Revelation Result:


There's only one man I whole-heartedly hanker to waltz with and have point his whistle at me.

Christopher Plummer. So shoot me. It's official.

It's the eyes. The voice. The sharp looks. The killer grin. Sigh. And there's also the way he strums his guitar to Edelweiss.

9 comments:

Phillipa said...

Yes I love him in SoM too!

Caroline Storer said...

Umm. He was a bit of a dish wasn't he? It's the eyes me thinks. Caroline x

Suzanne Jones said...

I LOVED Steve Austin...

Agree, Christopher Plummer was just lovely.

Judy Jarvie said...

Glad I'm not Mrs Absurd. Well not totally.

Ah yes. Steve Austin. I wanted to BE Farah Fawcett. But then again it was at a time when I thought jumpsuits and chopper bikes were the height of COOL!Oh...and clogs. I loved clogs. And Purdey haircuts.

Jackie Ashenden said...

You've really got a Sound of Music thing going on eh? In my youth it was David Bowie all the way. ;-)

Joanne Coles said...

It's the little smiles he does every now and again, totally melts my insides. When someone doesn't smile much, it kinda lights up the film when they do.

Lacey Devlin said...

Haha! Excellent choice :)

Michelle Styles said...

He is lovely in Waterloo and in the second Pink panther...

But he did rather shine in SOund of Music.

Debs said...

I have to agree with you. There's definately something about Mr Plummer that fits the bill.