Saturday, January 09, 2010

Snowy Birthday

It's my birthday *yaboosux* so it's very fitting that, as when I was born all those many misty years ago, there's snow! Everywhere. And thick thick ice and more snow.

My mother was telling me (as only a mother is entitled to on her babe's birthday) at great length about the snow and how a certain type of flu was rife when I was an infant... So not so much has changed. Toddler Girl is booked in for Swine Flu jab and even I am dreading it.

So on a cheerier note. The toddler can say Happy Birthday Mummy.
The big girl has reached many momentous landmarks in the last few weeks (top stars to big girl who is going to another bday party today). And later we will build a birthday snowman or woman. Maybe even with a tiara on. It has to be done. jx
P.S. Finished both Miranda Dickinson's Fairytale Of New York and Susan Wiggs' The Maiden's Hand on e-reader. Recommended reads both.
P.P.S. Too much bluster. Didn't manage another 10k. Pride before a fall and all that. But there's always next week!

14 comments:

Lorraine said...

Happy Birthday Judy :-)

Nell Dixon said...

Have a wonderful birthday!

Caroline Storer said...

Have a great birthday Judy! Hope you get lots of cake and prezzies. Take care. Caroline x

Suzanne Jones said...

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Judy
Happy birthday to you

XX

Michelle Styles said...

Happy Brithday Judy.
Fingers crossed for a wonderful, wonderful year!

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks everyone.
Birthdays, grumble, grumble. Though getting chocolate is always nice.
I was particularly miffed to get an email from Avon suggesting a birthday gift of WRINKLE CREAM. Hmmph! (I do actually need it!)

Marcy said...

Ah, what does Avon know. They assume every woman is obsessed with wrinkles :)

Hope you have a wonderful wrinkle-free day!

Happy Birthday!!!

Suzanne Jones said...

You do so NOT need wrinkle cream. Avon is talking nonsense.

XX

Judy Jarvie said...

I do really, Suzanne, but thanks for pretending like the true pal you are.
And I quote from the email...Happy Birthday, to celebrate we'd like to offer you free FaceLifting Cream!
Cheerz a bunch. jx (a lipstick might have been nicer!)
Maybe next year it'll be incontinence pants ROFL!

lindagunners said...

At your age Jude I'm amazed you know how to open an e-mail. Happy birthday my lovely wrinkly friend! Xxx

Judy Jarvie said...

Lindagunners (I know your age so don't act all yoof-attitude on me Mrs Pot Calling Kettle) I opened it on my abacus while riding my pennyfarthing. j

Lacey Devlin said...

Happy Birthday Judy! May all the chocolate cakes in the country find their way to you :)

Jackie Ashenden said...

Happy birfday Judy! Hope it was a good one.

Phillipa said...

Judy - I am SO Late to wish you many happy returns, I'm blushing. Hope it was a good one!