Friday, May 14, 2010

Knuckle Down And Believe

I've wasted time lately. I've been very very naughty. Refurbing the blog (actually that was great fun), reading loadsa books, evading the housework and applying myself to pointless tasks, such as daft cyber-linked chores like surfing You Tube (see my obsession here)! You get the picture?

I've been time wasting.

As of today. No more.

I need to write. I need to knuckle down and focus on the 30k 'Pants Personified' file sitting on my p.c. Even though it's pants I know there's some gold in there somewhere. I need to focus and get it into shape. I know I can I'm just evading and being pathetic. And yesterday I even managed to work out some pretty good backstory that works...so what's my excuse now?

Rubbishness. And now I must get tough.

You know you're procrastinating when you find yourself playing your daughter's Club Penguin and buying her new puffles! No more. I must must must do better!

P.S. Actually I've realised I shouldn't be too hard. I now have two subs out there, both fulls (one of which was revisions) and I got them in quickly after major work. So I guess I deserve jelly brain recovery time!

7 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Sometimes you need that time out, Judy. It helps refill the well.

Phillipa said...

I love the new look blog, Judy and Nell's right. You need 'white space' in your writing time.

Caroline said...

Ummm I think there has been something in the water recently. Like you I've been very unproductive recently - apart from brainstorming short stories and writing a couple. That's it! I need to knuckle down and get the latest "Roman" done as well as editing another for the NWS! Caroline x

Sri Pammi said...

Love the new look, Judy!

Having two subs out there issss amazing and both fulls too. So, I think, you're granted some chill time without feeling guilty. And then may be you can slowly get back into it again after a week maybe.

Have a good weekend.

Sri.

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks LBD ladies!
You are right. My well's gone vury dry.
And thanks Sri, Caroline.
I have been slacking though. I am aware of the need to create new stuff instead of tinkering. So must get act in gear! jx

Jackie Ashenden said...

That's awesome, Jude. I don't think you should beat yourself up for taking some time out.
PS, thanks for putting the Sisters on your list!

Lacey Devlin said...

Wow two fulls subs out there! If I didn't like you so much I'd hate you :P I definitely think that you deserve some time off :D