Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Revisions Sponge Analogy

Okay. So my revisions are done.
The manuscript is cleaned.

Bring out the party horn. Doodly doo.

But. Now I must wait. (Drums fingers).

The sponge cake must cool. A few days...maybe more...time to let it rest before the final feast (clear headed read through). Because I know there will be the odd few things I have missed. One more read. A couple of strike outs and I'm done.

Even though I'm itching to just get that little critter in the mail. Like yesterday. jx

P.S. I was most heartened to read Paula Graves say on subcare at eharlequin that it took her ten years to sell her first book. Phew...feeling better now.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Well done on finishing the revisions! Have a great weekend! Caroline x

Jackie Ashenden said...

That was a great post by Paula eh? Congrats on finishing the revs!

Lacey Devlin said...

I'll have to start lurking in subcare again! There just aren't enough hours in the day :( I want thirty, rather than day light savings please. I'm itchy like you, wanting to get a partial out there but must finish, must write proper synopsis... Who knew the post office held so much appeal? Stay strong Judy!

Helenolderbutwiser said...

Also, you can find the books as ebooks here:

http://blakeneymanor.com/series.html

Marcy said...

Good luck getting that puppy in the mail!

Hang in there, Jude!

Marcy