Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Stuff Wot I Wrote


I have to admit to being quite pleased.

Considering I haven't been 'completely going at it' writing wise (there's been family stuff, plus I lost my voice just to name a few novelty items added to the last week) I've notched up 20k in a week. And...it's not all pants. Who knew? It's starting to go somewhere...

Colour me stunned.

Plus rather happily I rechecked the email an ed sent me when I resubbed a book I have out there. And while my memory told me I'd hear back in July. She actually said it could be mid June. Place your bets on the tote here now....June or July? Personally I'm sitting on the fence and guessing late June.

Righto. Back to the cave. Which I've mentally painted pink and sparkly because that's the theme of what I'm writing (ggg). I do love a full throttle girlie splurge.

P.S. Pic is Kris Smith (Mr Danni Minogue). Rather effective as inspiration goes methinks. I also have a spongy-spot for a long-legged man in nicely fitting trousers.

10 comments:

Marcy said...

Wow! 20K??? Colour me impressed! Want to pass some of that enthusiasm this way?

Go you!

Judy Jarvie said...

Don't be toooooo impressed Marcie. I sometimes get a bit OCD with the writing and it literally flies out of the fingers. Once the kids are 'abed' of late I've been flying to the keyboard. No doubt a LULL will soon DESCEND! Enthusiasm fairy dust winging your way in a big old bucket! jx

Jackie Ashenden said...

Yay, Jude! That's great going. Even better that it's not all pants!

Lacey Devlin said...

Woohoo 20K! Someone has some serious writing mojo going on ;)

Lorraine said...

Great wc Judy! Hope you get your voice back soon

Caroline said...

Great goin' Judy. Wing some of that fairy dust over to me will ya? I could seriously do with 20k of *anything* at that mo'! Caroline x

Suzanne Jones said...

Go Judy - 20K's fantastic. Well done. (If you could direct some of your magic down the hill, I'd be very grateful.)

XX

Joanne Coles said...

Yay on the 20K, that's wonderful! If only I could manage that it'd be my book finished!!

As for the pic, seriously, I've been telling everyone who will listen rugby league players are the place to look for dreamy men. Mr Danii used to play for Leeds :-) He's seriously yummy.

Susan Rix said...

Ooh, you lost your voice and wrote 20k in a week?! Wow, no, seriously, W-O-W!

Double ooh, to maybe hearing from the ed any time NOW - time is flying almost as fast as your fingers-to-keyboard! Keeping everything crossed for some great news.

Now for my last 'ooh' - Danni Minogue really does have it all at the moment, doesn't she!

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks for all the support
No one is more surprised by the flurry of activity than me, guys.

This is the first time I've juggled two WIPS and it's going good.

VERY GLAD of the support for Mr Smith too!