Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sucked Right In

Funny how some authors just suck you in, isn't it?

That happened to me yesterday. I went shopping (with the scallywags in tow) and as a private indulgence picked up Kelly Hunter's latest MnB Modern Heat in the trolley cart. Well...it's less calorific than rollos (click and read my good buddy Suzanne's rollo health warning HERE).

"I'll just read a few pages..."

Ha, ha. Now I'm six chapters in and vowing to finish today. With that big goofy smile you get when you're clutching a keeper.

Kudos. If you haven't relished all of the Bennett kids' books now is the time. Go buy Red Hot Renegade. Karate...muscles...Singapore...YUM. jx

5 comments:

Suzanne Jones said...

I'm still reeling from the Rollos shock - a book is definitley a safer bet for fewer calories. And this is the second time I've read a glowing review of this book, so I'm going to ditch the chocolate and go for this instead.

XX

Judy Jarvie said...

Actually post chapter six it gets even better. Phew - fans herself. Sighs...collapses on floor.

Lacey Devlin said...

Books are my weakness too especially the one's you can't put down. Just how clean do you need the house to be anyway?

Jackie Ashenden said...

Judy, I loved Kelly's book too! Wasn't it great?

Judy Jarvie said...

Brill Jackie. Fabby hero. Great conflicts (Kelly is a master at keeping it simple but stunningly effective!) Loved it too. j