Wednesday, July 21, 2010

To The Future And Beyond...

It's been a while since I posted anything useful/cogent about my writing. There's a reason for this. I have stuff out there and I'm waiting.

I'm not complaining. Nor angsting.
Not even email or blog stalking. I did for a while and then I slapped myself around the head. So now I'm trying to be GOOD.

And since I'm going on our family holiday in a weeks' time I doubt very much that I'll have much to report for the next few weeks.

But there is one thing I wanted to get off my chest. It's good to have things out there again. Good to let it all go and look to the future. I have WIPS and a sparkly new idea. I have things to be getting on with and I'm just itching to write. Did I even mention my youngest starts nursery in a month so I'll have a few hours...let me say that again. HOURS. Just to write (who needs ironed laundry and clean surfaces anyhow!)

Anyway. I guess you could call this my writing spring clean phase. Whatever the result of these subs, and I'll post verdicts when they come, I'm moving on. Because I've been stuck looking back for a while. And now it's time to crack on with fresh va va voom!

Of course doing it will be another matter entirely but indulge me won't you! Let me dream...

3 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

Yay for you! Housework is definitely overrated!

Joanne Coles said...

Who needs a clean house? Sometimes we have to suffer for our artistic whims ;-)

Yay on having free time to write, nurseries are wonderful things!

Marcy said...

Good for you! A few interrupted writing hours is a wonderful thing. And knowing the speed that you write, you could steam through a dozen mss in a school year!

I'm also looking forward to Sept when both DD's will be in school full days, which means I will have every Friday alone to write! Dare to dream.

Fingers crossed for your subs!