Sunday, August 08, 2010

Back To The Future

I'm back from hols. And I'm waggling my tootsies in the warm pool of full cyber connectivity.

It's warm. It's therapeutic.Yes. I realised I canny hack it without broadband.

Thanks to well-wishers and commenters to the last post. Should've said the pics were Alton Towers theme park and taken by me!

I'm really really excited to be accepted to be published by Embrace Books. I'm also really looking forward to getting to know other fellow authors better and watching this whole launch unfold. It's going to be exciting! And the logo's lovely doncha think?

So to my other book news - I subbed a brides novella that the publisher asked me to expand. I expanded it. Doubled it actually.Then I subbed. Then I revised again. And finally I got a yes. It's a GO.

It's from The Wild Rose Press. Whom I've heard GREAT things about. And I'm chuffed.

That's two great publishers, two fabulous editors. Colour me happy.

So now I'm back to a big big big pile of washing.
And sorting out drawers and putting cases away...oh yes.
The good stuff is back. But mum has offered to cook us dinner and best joy of all. I have got internet. All to myself! Deep joy :)

10 comments:

lindagunners said...

Well having read both of the books I know they're getting a good'un. Welcome back and congrats to you and Embrace and Wild Rose Press..

Marcy said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the Wild Rose Press action. I've also heard good things about them. All your hard work is paying off!

Natalie Anderson said...

oh superb Jude!!
I've heard great things about TWRP too - you';re rocking!

Big fat YAYS!

Sally Clements said...

Oh congratulations, Judy! That's great news. Wild Rose are lovely. Really easy to work with and totally fair. My book's been out about 2 weeks now, and I couldn't be happier with them.
Well done!

Rachel Lyndhurst said...

Judy, what absolutely fantastic news! Double plus congratulations and I can't wait to read both books asap!

Am disappearing into a big, black school holidays hole of washing and sibling rivalry here too, but will be annoying you by email very soon!

Lots of love,
Rach.
XX

Suzanne Jones said...

Huge CONGRATULATIONS again, Judy - well deserved.

XX

L'Aussie said...

That's great news about both presses. So obviously you're happy with the way Embrace Books treated you. Good to know seeing they're just getting going..:)

Jane Holland said...

She's happy now. But I haven't got the whip out yet. Mwah-ha-ha.

Seriously though, that's fabulous news about TWRP. Doubled your ms too? It sounds huge.

I'm with Rachel on the holiday hole of washing and sibling rivalry. Three kids of 8 and 6. Got my step-daughter here with us for 3 weeks too. She's 14, so we've got a teen in the house again. My next eldest is 21 now, so it's been a while, lol!

Jx

Judy Jarvie said...

Worry not, Jane.
The revisions whip is most definitely out already! jx

Good luck re the holiday hole. Just been there and done that too. Hope you have a great time.

Romy said...

Congratulations! TWRP is very author friendly, and I'm sure you'll be very happy there!