Friday, August 20, 2010

What I've Been Up To

I've been missing for a bit, sorry. But I've been doing stuff (honest it's true). Here's what:

Revising Nanny Behaving Badly. Almost there and the weekend should crack it. This is when I love the e-reader like a beloved family pet. Even better I don't have to feed or groom it (just top it up occasionally with a charge). Could I really hack mega print out edits ad infinitum? Answer no.

Reading. The Beach Hut by Veronica Henry. It's a total gem. So if you're looking for a fresh read, and still want to revel in that last hint of summer. Go find out more here. Fabulous book. Edible cover! I must remember to post Veronica Henry's wonderful gems of advice from the 2009 RNA Conference, she was fabulous and this book proves just how great she really is. She's made me gasp aloud several times and I'm only halfway through.

Planning What To Read Next. There's a fabby offer on eharlequin for a discount on Susan Wiggs'  The Summer Hideaway. See it here. Guess what I'll be doing next?

4 comments:

Rachel Lyndhurst said...

Judy, you use your e-reader for revisions?!

Expect an email at some stage for some brain picking--I am surrounded by paper, so Ms Sony E is clearly not earning her keep. I just use it for reading!

Good luck with the revisions,my dear. This weekend is NOT going to crack it for me I fear!

Lots of love,

Rach.
XX

Jane Holland said...

Judy, you are not alone. I PDF mss sometimes - my own, that is! - and drop them into Mobipocket or Adobe Dig. Ed. to get a better feel for how they'd look on the page. It helps with paragraphing, at the very least. Shows you where paras are running on too long or where there's too much dialogue and not enough narrative, or vice versa. Hard to tell that in Word, sometimes.

I used to type out poems in draft form for a similar reason.

Lacey Devlin said...

Yay for revising and Susan Wiggs :)

Suzanne Jones said...

Great stuff - and thanks for the links. Off to investigate.

XX