Thursday, September 02, 2010

Crook

Warning; this is a 'me-centric' post.

It's official. I have shingles. And I did not appreciate until this week how horrid it truly is.

Can't sleep, can't sit. Can't walk without looking like a ministry of funny walks advert. Hmmm. Not good.

I can only describe the sensation as like having an army of invisible elves running up and down your torso with pick axes. Thank heaven for 'fell a horse' painkillers. And thank you for listening to my whinge-fest. I'll go now before I milk it too far but, trust me, complaining is the only thing I'm succeeding at right now. Laters.

10 comments:

Marcy said...

Oh no, Jude. So sorry. My DH had shingles about 10 years ago, and I know how much pain he was in. My heart goes out to you.

One thing that I can say--shingles often come on when your immune system is suppressed by stress. So make sure to take it easy and try to go easy on yourself.

Hugs,
Marcy

Phillipa said...

Owwww, Judy. Take care of yourself - I hope you're better very soon. P xxx

Rachel Lyndhurst said...

Poor love!

Do try to take it easy and get well soon.

Thinking of you,

Lots of love,

Rach.
XX

Romy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the shingles, Judy and hope you recover quickly.

On the plus side, your mention of the Ministry of silly walks brought back a few memories and made me smile. They say that laughter is the best medicine, so take a big dollop for yourself.

Lacey Devlin said...

You poor thing! Get well soon Judy!

Nell Dixon said...

Oh no, Judy, poor you. Hope you feel better soon.

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks everybody. It's going to be okay. Yesterday wanted to bang head on wall but today the painkillers are leaving me nicely muzzy! What a strange thing it is!

And my mum has been stellar watching the kiddiwinks.

Suzanne Jones said...

Hugs, Judy. And you're allowed to write 'me-centric' posts when you have shingles.

XX

Jane Holland said...

Brought on by stress? Oh no, now I feel really guilty. Do take it easy and rest up. As I said in my email, I had something similar in every pregnancy, and it is awful to live with.

Thinking of you.

Caroline said...

Ahhh how awful for you Judy. Get well soon. Caroline x