Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nay, nay and thrice nay!

Okay...so there I was, using self timer on the camera trying to get a photo of myself for (cough) author purposes. Don't laff.

Have I mentioned the fact I hate having my pic taken?

Have I mentioned that when it comes to cameras I am the female equivalent of Mr Bean? (I set flash, it turns into deep dark blackness...you get the picture). Unfortunately I never do!

So after nearly an hour of click, click I gave up in a fume and decided to take pictures of Diva Tot instead.

Would she oblige with a smile? No! The picture says it all.

Then ping I take one of both of us and it's the best pic I've taken in years...only I canny use it. Because it has my teensy in it too!

Oh the trials.
Must now enlist a very patient and camera-savvy friend...sigh! Maybe I'll have to hire a stunt double!

8 comments:

Rachel Lyndhurst said...

The Small One is such a gorgeous cutie! Just like her lovely mum of course!

Feed her up a bit and in a few years she can take the pics--it cost me 50p to get my Big One to do it and she's not at all bad!

Now all I need to do is work out how to airbrush out the chins...

Best of luck, M'dear!

Lots of love,

Rach.
XX (word verification is 'crone'! Blooming cheek!)

Sally Clements said...

Ah, what a shame you can't use the one of both of you, its lovely! I suggest coffee and buns with Suz. I'm sure she'll sit across the table and take one!

Suzanne Jones said...

What a wee cutie. And gorgous photo of the two of you.

XX
PS Sally - that's a great suggestion, I'll bring my camera next time we do coffee.

Caroline said...

Lovely photo's Judy. Caroline x

Nell Dixon said...

She's such a cutie! Lovely pics.

Jackie Ashenden said...

Gorgeous pics! What a little sweetie. And your daughter's lovely too. ;-)
I took my 'authorly' photos myself on my iPhone - and then doctored them heavily. Hehe. There's some great apps out there that make the wrinkles just disappear! :-) Not that you appear to have that problem it has to be said.

Lacey Devlin said...

It's a lovely pic! What a cutie!
I'm like you a hundred pictures later and I give up. My current one is an ID photo that was taken by someone else and just happened to turn out okay. My standards aren't high, if I don't look psychotic I think it's a good one ;)

Marcy said...

Great pictures, Jude. I even like the grumpy gus pic...shows a different side to her personality. They all have that side, don't they? LOL.

My youngest just came home with proofs of school photos yesterday and the first one is a dead ringer for the top one of your tot. I can't imagine what she was thinking to make her look like that. And in the next she has a huge smile. I've given up trying to understand.