Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Simple Things

Isn't it funny, how you try and try and worry and worry and then finally something clicks and you think 'doh'.

Of course I still have to write the 'clicked bit'.

But the idea is there. Pointing its finger accusingly.

Shrugs and shakes head at herself.

I have promised myself that if and when this story is complete, and the shingles are forgiving, I will buy one of those cupcake shaped soaps I've been ooohing over in the gift shop. Might even post a pic. Yes, I'm a woman of very simple needs. Usually focusing on the ritual of bathtime *I don't get out much*.

8 comments:

Marcy said...

*I don't get out much*

LOL...me either! I totally approciate your love of simple pleasures.

Caroline said...

LOL Judy! I'm a simple lass too. For me it's a cup of tea. But only if it's made in my favourite cup with matching saucer. Caroline x

Judy Jarvie said...

Oh yes. You're my kinda girl. I do like my tea rituals also. And you can't beat a nice china cup. Plus a Borders Biscuit *mmmn*

I'm a big fan of my silky duvet cover too. I like to plump it just so when I get into bed.

I draw the line at cutting corners off cucumber sandwiches tho...just incase you're starting to talk about me...

Judy Jarvie said...

Doh. I meant crusts. Pesky cocodomol tablets are making me fuggy.

But...they're actually quite nice also!

Natalie Anderson said...

oh no i cut the crusts!!! LOL - but i think we have the same cupcake soaps here - they are sooooo pretty and edible looking.

you deserve one for surviving the shingles! Hope you're feeling better :)

Judy Jarvie said...

Big buddy hugs, Nat!
It's okay to do the crusts. We all have our wee pecadillos (I love that word).

In fact I love pecadillos full stop. I just try to control them before I turn into eccentric lady who does everything oddly.

Good news is, for the first time in a week and a half, I feel human today. Hurrah!

Sally Clements said...

Glad you're feeling better, Judy. And yay on the insight! and the soon to be purchased cupcake soap. Have to get myself some new lavender bubbles...(makes note)

Marcy said...

Yay! Glad you're feeling better. We miss you in blogland!