Sunday, September 05, 2010

Pathos With Pat Benatar




I got the laptop out to work on my book revisions and guess what was lurking in the CD player...my trusty Pat Benatar CD. Yum. It feels like fate.

Because I'm a sad old chick of the eighties this Pat Benatar song was in the charts when I was stuck in a hospital in Belgium nursed by nuns, no word of a lie. A school trip involved being hospitalised. So it's fitting now that I crank it up whilst ill. Back then, it was the only thing I could recognise on Belgian radio...it left a mark. A time full of teen angst and longings (my physio was a rather dishy footballer with a hero-worthy smile...yep, you couldn't make it up!) I was about fifteen at the time.

Anyway, here's the things I love about Love Is A Battlefield:
The vid is like a short movie from TrueMovies channel. Kinda cheesy but very satisfying
I love the movie sound effects. Drama, drama
The fashion is both disturbing and great. If I ever go out dressed like that, permission to handcuff me to the fence
I particularly like the dance duel element. Bizarre being the operative word. Reminds me of Strictly, was it a precursor?

So. When will the shingles quit the warfare? I can only hope soon.
Oh and I now have a book title for the bridesmaid book! It's a great one.

5 comments:

Suzanne Jones said...

Hugs, Judy - hope you get well soon.

XX

Lacey Devlin said...

You title tease! When do we get to know huh? ;-).

Hang in there with those shingles Judy. You're a trooper to be revising while you're so sick.

Get well soon! x

Jackie Ashenden said...

Tease is right! Hope you're getting better, Jude. And love the video. I remember it like it was yesterday... Can't go past the bizarre dance duel. :-)

Rachel Lyndhurst said...

Aah, enjoyed the vid, Judy. I remember spending a long time and a lot of Elnett trying to get my hair like that.

And you are a rotten tease, madam.

Lots of love,

Rach.
XXX

Judy Jarvie said...

Would I really tease you guys?

No!

I'm just not sure if I can tell yet. As soon as I know I'll splurge it.

It has two F words in it.

Not the ones you might think though! Now that's teasing.Oh I love being naughty.