Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Book Well Worth Sampling

Transatlantic Loving
By Rachel Brimble
Chums and regular frequenters of the blog will know I love the eighties. I’m a child of the eighties – day glo is my colour theme of choice. I don’t know much but I do know lots of inane trivia about eighties bands and I have an uncanny knack for getting eighties song release dates on the money. Plus I sported some haircuts in the past that reveal the heinous level of my eighties fashionista credentials!!!
All I will say is trendy - but gruesome.

It's A Flock Of Seagulls - The Pinnacle of 80s Hair
So - if the eighties comes up in a pub quiz – I, my friend, rub my hands with relish and prepare to enjoy myself to the max.
Which is why Transatlantic Loving was right up my Electric Avenue.
When I saw that fellow Wild Rose author Rachel Brimble had written a novella for WRP’s Class of 85 continuity series – I was rather keen to purchase it! I'd read some other of the series titles and enjoyed them. And boy am I glad I bought this one.
It transported me back in an instant. As good as watching an episode of Glee. Not only is this setting a treat - the characters are fantastic. Immediately I wanted to be Lisa’s friend and go out dancing to Chaka Khan with sassy Courtney. Right from the off I was panting for Aaron Hot Sports Coach Taylor. Well ... who wouldn't?
Amid the hell of an eighties reunion dance – two souls collide and sparks crescendo. Aaron Taylor falls for Lisa Cavendish at first sight. The banter is quick and jabby and has you pleading for more. The chemistry sparks off the page. I smiled and giggled aloud a great many times.
Without spoiling it – this is the story of two people from different parts of the globe who have a short space of time to pursue something magical (and hormonally enticing). Instead they have to face their own past wounds as well as a few hurdles to love. And they do so with humour and maturity. The HEA is well worth the wait.

 If you love the eighties – if your heart still hankers for lacey fingerless gloves, Madonna and the thrill of pursuing your inner teen in a ra-ra skirt – then buy this book you won’t regret it. In summary - it’s even more satisfying than a Pat Benatar fix (and that’s mighty fine let me tell ya!)
So Transatlantic Loving is firmly in my cyber keeper shelf. Well done Rachel! I’m off to gel my hair and relive those good times!

Get the book here!

3 comments:

Rachel Brimble said...

Judy, I really don't know how to thank you for such a wonderful review - I am truly touched and grateful! I loved writing this story and so happy you enjoyed it so much!

Best
Rachel x
www.rachelbrimble.com

Rachel Lyndhurst said...

I never did get myself a pair of those fingerless lace gloves like Madge. It's a bit too late now methinks, I'd look like something out of a Dickens novel!

And Ms Brimble's book has the looks of a best seller!
X

Rachel Brimble said...

LOL! Thanks for commenting, Rachel. I SO wanted a pair of those gloves but always spend my pocket money by the time I came across them in a shop.

Good times,

R x