Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Grumpy McStumpy



Today I was not in a good mood.

I had plans ... things I wanted to do ... words I wanted to write. But disaster struck at school bus/exit house time when I realised ... HELP MY KEYS ARE MISSING.

So - had to leave the house (unlocked - psssst don't tell the local burglars!) in order to get kidlets to school. Searched the house. High low and everywhere in between. Pulled out beds, sofas, drawers. You name it I've snooped under it and run my hand down the back of it. No joy.

Enter - heroine Mother. She went and had not one, but two spares cut. To enable me to leave the house for school home time! Bless her, she really is a gem (and I mean that!)

My final 'if I must' look location was - yep, you've guessed it - the garbage, the trashcan, the dustbin from HELL! Not my favourite job on the list but I'd exhausted all other options.

And there lurking under last night's stinky salmon ... and potato salad ... and barbie hair (don't ask, she doesn't stand a chance in our house, think Toy Story 3 Toddler Room but worse) - THERE WERE MY KEYS. AWAITING DISPOSAL.

I wouldn't mind but last week eldest snaffled my 'gum shield' - yes I have one - and put it in her handbag! It's not good to feel so challenged by the swift and agile fingers in one's home.

Grumpy.

Stinky.

And not best pleased.

3 comments:

Rachel Lyndhurst said...

Ho ho! Having a seethe on your behalf, Judy!

This would send me into complete OCD mode for at least two weeks. I'm not sure just the two spare keys would be enough ...

X

Phillipa said...

Apparently Meg Cabot once put her hubbie's boots in the oven to roast... take it as a sign of artistic greatness. :)

danzschultz said...

:)