Wednesday, July 06, 2011

The Hitchcock Seagull

It's the school Summer holidays here in Scotland and Monday started wonderfully - scorching, glorious day.

Yesterday and today not so much. It's very rainy and the tent in the garden is soggy (should've brought it in!) To crown my day yesterday a seagull divebombed me! True. I didn't even see it but it spied me, launched and managed to hit me in the face with its wing. I was shocked and rather miffed. Fortunately I had my hood up (see above re rain) or it would've been scarier.

And to add insult ... it divebombed again with a rather special present that just missed messing my jeans. Have the seagulls gone nutso? Does too much fast food turn a seagull terminator? Or is it sign I should just stay inside and avoid low flying seabirds?

3 comments:

Rachel Lyndhurst said...

School hols already, hun?! Blimey, we have a couple more weeks to go here.

Poo to the rotten seagull!
X

Marcy said...

LOL! Silly seagull. At least the present missed you. But if it hadn't, isn't that good luck (or is that just what they tell the poor pooped-on saps to make them feel better)?

How have you been?

Madeline Ash said...

Oh, that's crazy, Judy! I had a mudlark divebomb me last year and leave a scratch across my eyebrow. Just to remind me how close it got to gouging out my eye! Glad it didn't mess your jeans :)