Thursday, October 13, 2011

Acceptance

Acceptance is the key to life = wise words! And I've just had a surprise acceptance - from My Weekly Pocket Novels.

My highland estate story has just been accepted for future publication - it's the first full length novel I ever had a stab at. (Fortunately it's been improved via polishing and a smidge of learning how to do it better!) The story is a tribute to my deep affection for Monarch Of The Glen (especially Paul and Isobel - You Tube them if you want a taster of the chemistry!)

If you haven't already tried My Weekly Pocket Novels, do. They'll keep you enthralled and reading to The End. I look forward to the postman arriving with the new ones each month.

8 comments:

Marcy said...

Wow! Congratulations, Judy! That is great news. Never heard of My Weekly Pocket Novels. I'll have to go take a look.

Enjoy the feeling!

Nell Dixon said...

Congratulations! That's so fab - and of course you must try it for large print when it comes out!

Phillipa said...

This is fantastic news - well done, Judy. I'll definitely look out for it.

Caroline said...

Yay! Massive congrats Judy. Well deserved IMHO. Can't wait to read it. Do let us know when it's out. Caroline x

Phillipa said...

I hope you're going to enter it for the RONA Rose!

Cara Cooper said...

Many, many congrats Judie from a fellow MW pocket novel writer. I've got 4 with them so far and they're lovely people to work with. Nell's right, you must go for large print because then you go into libraries and are eligible for that lovely PLR cheque each March. Well done, so pleased for you!

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks Marcy and Caroline.

And thanks for the excellent tips Nell, Phillipa and Cara - and the congratulations. I'm very delighted. I love reading pocket novels so am already a fan - looking forward to trying another one as they're very enjoyable to write!And I will definitely try for large print for the experience. Thanks again!

Pat Posner said...

Popped over here from Suz's blog to congratulate you on your sale to MY Weekly Pocket Novels. I agree with Cara, they are lovely people to work with.