Monday, May 09, 2016

Release Day - Terror, Trepidation or Trumpet Voluntary - Which?


#MondayBlogs #AmWriting

So I have a long awaited release day this week. BITNG KNUCKLES! And I'm honestly DISCOMBOBULATED.

Yes I love that word. One minute I'm uber excited. The next I'm wracked with writer's angsty paranoia. What if nobody buys? What if bad reviews flood in like tiny scary babies from a radioactive spider? Can you tell how terrified I am yet? Happy but hyper?

That's the thing about putting all you hard work into something that's out there to be either bought, loved, avoided, hated or worse still - loathed and picked apart at the seams.

But there's also the wonderful things about the writing craft. And it is a craft. With the dropped stitches and holes in the sock to match. Things like having characters come alive in your head that you love and can let live and breathe inside you. Having other people tune into that, how awesome. Meeting other great writers you adore too and feeling the love.
The good days at the keys. The bad period where it just won't come. All of it. Just all of it.

Being a writer may be all about the kindle charts, the product and living up to the last book with your next and feeling the fear. The heartbreak when you get a toe-clunking review. But it's all the above and more.

Writing is what makes my life tick. And if release day is a triumph or a damp squib it won't take away the joy that it brings in all its moments. I'm giving it my best show. So... is that how it is for you too? I'll hold off playing any trumpet yet...

#MondayBlogs
#AmWriting

No comments: